Re: GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas

What is the average (or range) value for GSM cell (i.e. base station,

> antenna, ..) density in metropolitan areas? (e.g. in cities like > London, Paris, Rome.) > Is there any publicly available information about the topic? > Please note that I am *not* asking for actual base station location, > as I know that information is protected,

Ow? I can imagine that the cell phone company doesn't want to give a map if I ask nicely, but with some simple AT commands I can make my phone show the current cell number and alert me when it changes. Add a gps unit, some logging software and I can map their cell numbers. I've been playing with this, see

formatting link
In my country (the Netherlands) I can find the actual location by checking the register of antenna licenses.

Koos van den Hout, PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers snipped-for-privacy@kzdoos.xsall.nl or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 -?) Fax +31-30-2817051 Camp Wireless, wireless Internet access /\\\\

formatting link
at campsites
formatting link
_\\_V

Reply to
Koos van den Hout
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.