Re: GSM Cell Density in Metropolitan Areas

> What is the average (or range) value for GSM cell (i.e. base station,

>> antenna, ..) density in metropolitan areas? (e.g. in cities like >> London, Paris, Rome.) > Ow? I can imagine that the cell phone company doesn't want to give a > map if I ask nicely, but with some simple AT commands I can make my > phone show the current cell number and alert me when it changes. Add a > gps unit, some logging software and I can map their cell numbers. I've > been playing with this, see
formatting link
> In my country (the Netherlands) I can find the actual location by > checking the register of antenna licenses.

A few years ago, using a Nokia mobile phone and Telstra GSM, I watched the display of the cell name riding a train outbound from Melbourne CBD. It was interesting that the cell name sometimes matched the suburb through which the train was going but would then revert to Melbourne CBD.

For Australia the ACA radiocommunictions database gives the street addresses in urban areas.

formatting link

Reply to
jared
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.