Re: FTC Do Not Call List

I think all of us consumers agree that we don't want any spam emails at

> all and no soliciting telephone calls at all.

This must not be a true statement, since otherwise there would be no telemarketing calls, expecially. It is a labor intensive business and must provide a sufficient return to the operators of such services to make a profit. Otherwise they would go bankrupt.

Everyone is a consumer in one way or another, so it must not be correct that 100% of consumers don't want any soliciting telephone calls at all.

Spam is not nearly so expensive to originate, but it, too, has costs and must provide a sufficient return that it is not true that ALL consumers do not want it.

Actually, I have occasionally gotten e-mails, mostly spam, form organizations or businesses with which I do have a legitimate business relationship, which make offers that I have responded to favorably and which, in at least one case, have saved me money.

Then there are some e-mails that some members of a group will consider all spam, and which others in the group think are relevant to their interests and appreciate the information or offers. Defining spam in some cases becomes very controversial.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.