Re: FTC Do Not Call List

Lena wrote:

>> I'm trying to dictate what people can call me on MY phone... >> telemarketers ... are rude. They won't leave a message on the answeing >> machine, but will hang up, and then call over and over again. >> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I quite agree with your assessment, but >> my point was what makes _your_ telephone any more sancrosanct than _my_ >> computer. ...And let's face it, spam-scam >> and phishing is far worse than telemarketers ever have been. > The difference between telemarketing and spam, IMHO, is that > telemarketers make my phone ring, and that is something that demands > immediate attention. That bothers me a lot. Much more than spam that > might happen to be in the inbox when I check for it at my leisure. (I > don't have automated email retrieval). I guess I have been fortunate > that I am not innundated with spam. As some of my ISP provided email > accounts that I guarded meticulously, and only sent to friends, leaked > to (or were guessed by) spammers, I switched to gmail, which seems to > have wonderful spam protection and spam reporting ease. Click a > button and it's gone. Telemarketers, OTOH, are difficult to get rid > of. > Lena

I'm on the FTC's Do Not Call List and it works pretty good. I get a few

800 handups, but once in a while I will answer the phone on one of these when I'm home, when it is a telemarketer, I let them have a blast of miliwatt tone, that gets their attention and no more calls, I'm sure they have hearing problems for a while also.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.