Re: From Many Tweets, One Loud Voice on the Internet

Habitual users of a new, free communications service called Twitter

> would disagree. For anyone unfamiliar with the latest trends in > technology, "Twitterers" send and receive short messages, called > "tweets," on Twitter's Web site, with instant messaging software, or > with mobile phones. Unlike most text messages, tweets -- usually in > answer to Twitter's prompt, "What are you doing?" -- are routed among > networks of friends. Strangers, called "followers," can also choose to > receive the tweets of people they find interesting.

When I first heard of this service, I wondered why on earth any sane person would use it. Then again, I wonder why any sane person would post personal and potentially embarrassing items to MySpace.com. I went ahead and created an account and wouldn't you know, this is actually sort of addicting. The "gee whiz" factor aside, I can see Twitter being useful. "Anyone want Thai food for lunch?" could save countless emails and phone calls. "Everyone, I'm okay!" from a Virginia Tech student would've let the world know a loved one was safe.

For the record, my Twitter ID is: jmayson.

John Mayson

Reply to
John Mayson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.