Re: FIOS TV Only

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 01:50:08 -0400

> From: Frank Newman > To: snipped-for-privacy@iecc.com > Subject: Re: FIOS TV Only > I have two broadband fios connections, one commercial internet and the > other is tv only. Unfortunately verizon couldn't add both to the same > ONT so they installed two of them on the side of my house and they > also had to run two fibers. [On the "tv only" fiber,] If I plug my > laptop into one of the actiontec router ethernet ports, I can login > and configure but not get past to to internet. Any speculation on the > problem? Router config or something else Verizon has done to limit > access to broadband? > > I'm not paying for internet on the tv only connection but I'm curious > as to why they can't do both on one ONT so I've been experimenting to > try and figure it out.

I'm sure it's because Verizon's billing system won't let you mix TOS* on a circuit. So the billing system requires the business service comes in on one fiber, and the residential TV comes in on a different one, so they can bill you residential rates for TV and business rates for your internet. I'd be honestly surprised if they didn't assign different billing numbers and seperate bills. (and if you requested seperate bills, they had to split the facilities like that for billing reasons as well)

• TOS is "Type Of Service", which is usually like Business, Residential, Government, etc.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul Timmins
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.