Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

Dan Lanciani had written:

>> Looks like it might be time to leave Cingular. I currently still have >> an analog-only phone with a ~$25/month plan. It appears that >> Cingular's cheapest current plan is ~$40/month and doesn't even >> include unlimited nights/weekends. Sprint and T-Mobile have >> ~$30/month plans with unlimited nights/weekends and weekends >> respectively. I hate to give up the analog coverage, but maybe the >> new features make it worth considering. > In my household, this may finally motivate us to make some changes. > The two TDMA phones have batteries that are starting to get flaky. As > it is, we're not using even half the minutes we're paying for each > month. Even though we're on a corporate plan, I feel like we're > overpaying. And the plans that we have are not offered by Cingular any > more. Instead, Cingular keeps trying to entice us into changes with > new phones, with features that we don't need, offering rate plans that > are more expensive, giving us yet more minutes that we won't ever use, > while trying to lock us into two-year contracts. I don't see much > better from other providers, at least ones that work at my house. No > wonder I can resist the temptation. > Cell phone providers have earned their lousy, customer-hostile > reputation, and that reputation, too, rolls over from month to month. > Mark Roberts - Oakland, CA - NO HTML MAIL

I have had Sprint for some years and have had no problems with them. On two times when I contacted them for questions, I was advised that I could save money by changing to a cheaper plan using less minutes since I was not using mine, I did not ask them -- they told me, the reason was they would rather keep a customer. Also the last time I called I was given a 10% discount for the remainder of my contract. Also when it does come up I will get the $150.00 discount is I want new handsets, plus any other rebates they have at the time. I had worked for GTE/Verizon and when Airtouch and GTE Mobelnet merged I dropped Airtouch because I did not want to have to deal in anyway with Modelnet.

Maybe others have had problems with Sprint, I have not, but then you hear problems from others about all the companies, so I guess it is just who you have the best luck with, is who you stay with.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2006 I Kill Spammers, inc, A Rot in Hell. Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.