Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

******************************************************************** PAT - DO NOT display my email address anywhere in this post! Thanks. ********************************************************************

John Lev>>> Any idea if this applies to those of us with GAIT phones that do

>> GSM as well as TDMA, and analog? ... [yes, it does] >> What they really want is to screw all the old long time AT&T >> customers into new two year contracts with less favorable rates. > Since I have never been an AT&T customer, I don't find that very > persuasive. I originally signed up in 1995 when they were > Cingular One and my phone was a real 3W AMPS built-in carphone

In 1995 when "they" were "Cingular One" ?? Don't you really mean "Cellular One" !!

The Cingular name first came into existance in 2000, when SBC (now the "new" at&t) and BellSouth, "merged" their wireless entities, SBC Mobility and BellSouth Mobility, into a "joint-venture", which was now branded as Cingular.

Over the years, various miscellaneous entities (I assume Cellular One) were taken over by SBC Mobility, or BellSouth Mobility, or post-2000 by Cingular.

Reply to
Anthony Bellanga
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.