Re: Cingular Analog/TDMA Surcharge

>> Effective with their September invoice, Cingular customers will start

>>> receiving a monthly network service charge of $4.99 for each TDMA or >>> Analog line of service on their account. >> Any idea if this applies to those of us with GAIT phones that do GSM >> as well as TDMA, and analog? > I just got my bill, and it does. Bah.

Looks like it might be time to leave Cingular. I currently still have an analog-only phone with a ~$25/month plan. It appears that Cingular's cheapest current plan is ~$40/month and doesn't even include unlimited nights/weekends. Sprint and T-Mobile have ~$30/month plans with unlimited nights/weekends and weekends respectively. I hate to give up the analog coverage, but maybe the new features make it worth considering.

What does T-Mobile's unlimited web service at $5.99/month do for me? Would I be able to access arbitrary web servers (in particular, my own) or is it only for special "mobile web destinations?" (I don't mean whether the format of the web page is suitable for a mobile display but whether they constrain the the IP addresses to which I can connect.)

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.