Re: Cellular Roaming Tariffs

>>> Can anyone direct me to a PUC tariff on inter-carrier cellular roaming >>> charges?

>> Is there even such a thing as PUC "tariffs" anymore on wireless >> services? I thought they were completely deregulated and charges were >> based on your personal contract with the carrier. >> I know my own contract with my carrier (which is old) offers different >> roaming areas and charges than newer contracts do of the same carrier. >> The PUC has nothing to do with it. > That is correct. State PUCs are explicitly deprived of jurisdiction > to regulate cellular rates by Section 221(b)(3) of the Communications > Act, 47 USC 221(b)(3). This is true of both the carrier-consumer > rates, such as the ones governed by various contracts that may charge > different rates from contract to contract, and of the > carrier-to-carrier rates, which are governed by roaming agreements > between carriers.

Well, I guess that applies in US within, what happens in other part of the world? I'm interested on the inter-carrier cellular roaming charges by the regulators in Asia.

Raqueeb Hassan Bangladesh

Reply to
Raqueeb Hassan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.