Re: Cellular Jamming? Think Again.

> Of course they say that. And every once in a while they dust off

>> their announcement that broadcasting more than 5 watts on a CB radio >> is illegal and subjects the operator to fines and seizure of their >> equipment too. But they don't actually do it. They're stretched thin >> already trying to figure out where telecommunications is going so they >> can stay a little ahead of it, and they just don't bother with >> "crimes" that do not involve substantial amounts of money. > You haven't been reading the news on
formatting link
have you?

You are right, I hadn't. So I went and did. Seven enforcement letters over the course of a week is what I found. I could find you the evidence for seven enforcement letters about every seventy seconds along any stretch of freeway near any major city.

So my use of "never" was inaccurate; in a tiny fraction of the cases, somebody from the FCC attempts to enforce the regulations. It's still such a tiny fraction as to have negligible effect, and I doubt that the stern warnings about possessing/using cellphone jammers will be followed up with enough enforcement to make a difference there either.

And I stand by my claim that the govt in general would have at least more respect if they didn't write laws/regulations that they won't enforce in any meaningful way.

>Walt
Reply to
W Howard
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.