Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Many companies today answer their phone with a long winded answer. As

> a customer, I find it annoying and distracting. Which do you think is > best? > a) "Jones & Co." > > b) "Good morning, Jones & Co."

Both good.

c) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, how > may I direct your call?"

A bit longwinded.

d) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, how > may I give you the best customer service ever today?" > While waiting in line at the video store, the clerk had to answer the > phone with D. To me, that was a waste of time, especially when other > customers are waiting.

In fact, it is management-babble, a sort of Orwellian Newspeak that comes out of the mouths of people who draft "mission statements" that consist mainly of superlative adjectives making claims that, on the face of them, are false.

Isn't there a computer program somewhere that makes up vacuous mission statements at random on request?

Reply to
mc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.