Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

>> Mr Joseph S>>>> I've made it my policy that if I'm waiting in line to be served and

>>>> the sales clerk thinks it's *more* important to take a telephone >>>> interruption than to serve me I'll put down my purchase and walk out >>>> of that store. Telephone customers do not have any more clout than >>>> customers who are in front of you. >> I'm a little more lenient. I figure the caller has no idea that >> there's a queue for the clerk's attention. I let the clerk answer the >> phone, and if they're good, they'll put the person on hold, and then >> apologize for the delay. No real loss of time or attention for me. If >> they begin to talk to the person, then I can get upset. > In fact, the same goes for face-to-face service. I once walked into a > picture frame shop and the owner (who was the only person working > there) would not even acknowledge my presence -- he just continued an > ongoing conversation with other people.

Other customers, or just shooting the shit?

After 10 minutes of this, I > walked out and wrote him an angry letter. How much would it have cost > him to say, "Hello, I'll be with you in a minute"? It cost him $200 > in business not to do so.

While true, would it have made that much of a difference?

Reply to
DevilsPGD
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.