Re: Bell System Service Standard 'Green Books'- What is Used Now?

I understand until the end of the old Bell System, AT&T published

> service standard indexes in something called the "Green Book". This > was a collection of indexes that quantified service and performance > quality in a variety of ways (billing accuracy, dial tone time, etc.) > Would anyone know if the baby Bells replaced that with anything? Do > the non-traditional carriers (ie VOIP) have any such performance > standards? > Some standards may be obsolete due to replacement of expensive > electro-mechanical equipment with ESS. I suspect today the local, > intermediate, and long haul land-side networks have more capacity than > in the past. For example, obviously we don't want long waits for dial > tone. However, an instantaneous dial tone at all times for all > customers would push the index too far into the opposite direction and > in the old days that mean excessive expensive equipment was in use. > On the other hand, incomplete call completion and call cutoffs remain > a problem on wireless calls. > [public replies, please]

Yes they have, at least SBC and Quest have, they are still based on the old BSP's.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.