OT/Tangent (was Re: We Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing)

Greetings. With his title 'We Don't Need no Steenkin Line Sharing', Danny Burstein is of course playing on the popular quote 'We Don't Need no Steenkin Badges'. This line is supposedly from the classic Bogart film _The Treasure of the Sierra Madre_ -- but it's not. Or, not quite. :-)

When Woody Allen's _Play It Again, Sam_ came out, everybody thought that this title was also a quote. But in _Casablanca_, Rick (Bogart's character) never actually says these precise words. He says something similar, but not this exact phrase.

It is similar with _Sierra Madre_. I watched this picture on video a year or so ago, and when the steenkin badges scene came I stopped the tape and carefully transcribed the dialogue. Here is what they really said.

Fred C. Dobbs: If you're the police, where are your badges?

Bandito leader: Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any steenkin badges!

Cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.