Interesting Cellphone and Mastercard Tidbit

I just tried to activate my updated credit card with the new expiration date for the first time since abandoning my land line and going strictly cellphone.

I updated my Mastercard records with my new "home" phone back when I got rid of the land line, but apparently the system they have for activating credit cards can't deal with cell phone numbers (the human I eventually got to talk to told me they are woking on it).

I know my phone generates valid caller ID, since I've seen it show up on the phones of people I called. I also know FPL's power outage automated system can recognize me when I call and correlate my cellphone to my home address to tell me about the state of any power outage, so I gotta wonder what the difficulty is at Mastercard. --

>==>> The *Best* political site >>==+ email: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |

Free Software and Politics

Reply to
Thomas A. Horsley
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.