'Heather from card services', et al. [telecom]

CBS News is reporting a *massive* power-failure in India. The scope of the outage doubled today, to 22 states, SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION people.

It is reported that many call centers have their own long-run generators, but carrier infrastructure may be badly stressed.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi
Loading thread data ...

I got two robo-calls over the last two nights. One was a survey, the other a political pitch.

My area has some call centers, and I suspect there are plenty in the US. Modern technology allows the operators to be very productive-- they're only connected into a call if the callee actively demonstrates interest.

As to India, the NYT has several articles on the power failures. It's something US policy makers ought to be paying attention to so the US grid can be expaned to handle rising population and consumption.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
HAncock4

Heather had the day off; Andy called me today. I hope he was not too bored listening to himself.

Reply to
David Lesher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.