Hands Free [telecom]

So much for the hands free use while driving. I was stopped at a red light today and was hit from behind by a person using their cell phone with a hands free devise, the interesting part was he was a County Sheriff in his cruiser. No damage done to either of the vehicles since he hit his brakes, but did not come to a full stop and hit me lightly; it took hours to get the paper work done.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

There have been formal studies conducting proving cell phone usage while driving is dangerous, regardless of hands free or not.

This was mentioned on the misc.transport,road newsgroup and the road people were absolutely furious--how dare someone tell them how they should drive! It really struck a nerve with them, and there were absolutely opposed to any law prohibiting such driving. I'll dig up the thread URL if anyone is interested.

I had to make a cellphone call today while driving and I pulled over. Partly, frankly, since I didn't want to get a ticket, but also because I didn't want to wrap myself around a tree. I find even using a headset distracting while driving.

Talking on a cellphone is completely different than talking to another person in the car. The person in the car sees what you sees and pauses when necessary due to traffic, but someone on the other end of phone will keep yakking as you try to merge or will start hello? hello? if you pause to concentrate on the road.

Reply to
hancock4

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.