Renewing cellphone contract--what to get? [telecom]

My cellphone contract will expire soon. I'm happy with the telephone set, plan, etc. and don't want to change anything.

It is a cheap plan. Can I ask the carrier for any 'giveaways" to keep me as a customer? What are some things carriers typically give customers to get them to renew? As mentioned, I don't want a new handset. But I'd like a new battery for the phone, a case, or a car charger. (The phone battery lasts about 90 minutes talk time between charges, which seems low to me.)

Under my previous cellphone plan, when it expiried it went month-to- month, same terms, but I could cancel at any time. I wonder if the current plan will automatically formally renew and become a new contract for another full term.

Thanks.

[public replies please]
Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

You should not have a problem leaving it from month to month; I did that with Sprint, but if they decide to make changes to t he plan you are using and you have not contract, then you will have you plan changed. They might offer you case to stay with them; Sprint did with me, I kept the handset I had and just agreed to a 2 year contract, later on my set went bad and they replaced it for free with an updated version. Batteries, chargers and the such are really cheap on eBay.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Don't know what you pay now or how much you call, but prepaid may be a good option. Not hard to get 10 cents/minute. Or less than $10 month if you don't call much. T-Mobile has a $100/year prepaid plan for 1000 minutes.

Reply to
r.e.d.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.