Call Silencer [telecom]

Does anyone know about this product. My old CID box I got 10 years ago from Radio Shack is starting to fail. This one claims it train by itself buy detecting if you answer the phone or not, but no out going message, just not ringing phone.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

Steven,

Please contact me offline.

Bill at horne dot net.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Don't know anything about it, but I suspect it doesn't do a great job. If you are in an AT&T service area, the network based Privacy Manager, used in conjunction with network based voice mail, does a fantastic job.

The pests that do get through because they have caller id are left to go to my Meridian 9516's mail box. The identified pests almost never leave a message.

Reply to
Sam Spade

I have the Privacy Manager and it works pretty good, but I want to be able to block some numbers; that is what i like about the Radio Shack CID box. It looks like the until works on what calls you answer but with a Voice Mail system I have it might treat it like a good call. I bought several of those CID boxes when they were closing them out.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.