Blocking Junk Calls [telecom]

I also. It seems to me this is the best argument for re-legalizing competing (completely separate) phone networks.

The Constitution limits only *government's* powers to block communication.

We do have no protection at all, since the DNCL is completely toothless.

Reply to
John David Galt
Loading thread data ...

Record a couple of the calls. Take them to small claims court.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Subscribe to "call block" (or whatever telco calls it in your area).

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

I got a junk call yesterday. The name portion of the caller ID said "PHONE SCAM". A least they are honest about that!

I let the machine answer, but they did not leave a message.

Reply to
Richard

I wish I could get my bank to stop calling both my home and business numbers trying to get me to sign on for the 'privilege' of letting them charge me $35 should I overdraw by 1 cent.

I think I might stop by my local branch and tell them if they DON'T stop calling that I'll just withdraw my money and put it in a credit union.

Reply to
T

That was the only way I could get Wells Fargo to quit calling me trying to sell me insurance, after they bought a bank where I had an account.

Reply to
Jim Haynes

Per Fred Atkinson:

A year ago, I would have said the same thing.

Keep your fingers crossed and count your blessings....

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Well,

I'm still not getting telemarketing calls.

But if you've read my recent posts, I am getting annoyance calls from some company in Harlingen, TX. They never say anything and just hang up. And it comes from a bunch of different numbers [which I keep blocking] all in Harlingen, TX according to the reverse lookup.

But I am unable to determine who they are. I've sent a letter to the NM Attorney General and I'm waiting to see what they do.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.