Switching from iPhone to Android [telecom]

Switching from iPhone to Android: What it was like for me

By Amy Gahran, Special to CNN August 5, 2010 5:54 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- After being an avid iPhone user for two years, I finally gave up. A couple of weeks ago I picked up my first Android phone: an HTC Droid Incredible, offered through Verizon Wireless.

I'd owned my iPhone for two years and for the most part liked it. Having a smartphone improved my life and work in several ways. But my contract was up and I'd moved to the Bay Area -- where I've found AT&T's 3G network to be ridiculously spotty and slow. (Each month I felt like I was paying for the emperor's new clothes.)

As I considered my phone options, the unicorn of a non-AT&T iPhone continued to waver maddeningly in the mists of the uncertain future. Furthermore, even legal iPhone jailbreaking looks like more of a headache than I would want to deal with. It was definitely time for a change.

Over the last year I'd been demoing various Android phones, to see what I'd be in for if I switched. With Android 2.1, I felt like the OS had finally reached a level of usability and stability I could get comfortable with on a daily basis.

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.