Re: Bellsouth Caller ID

The next day your phone begins chirping during a funeral. Because

> your wife and daughter are with you, you never expected this. By the > time you turn it off you are getting dirty looks.

If you are such an insensitive clod to not put your phone on silent or shut it off they *should* give you dirty looks. Ever heard of using a little common sense? Shut the damned thing off when you're in a movie, a concert, a funeral or any number of other situations where it's not just tacky it's rude. Take some personal responsibility for your own actions. [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: First of all (going back to the original complaint about someone getting your cell phone number from caller ID) use *67 on cell phones in the same way you use it on your landline phone. Caller ID is not passed in that case.) Second, I _always_ put my cell phone on silent (or sometimes just turn it off) whenever I am in a church or at a concert or lecture. Usually I just turn it to silent mode or battery vibrating mode, then I can glance at the display and if it is a call I want to receive, I can excuse myself and go outside to deal with it. PAT]

Reply to
Joseph
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.