Nacoss Guidelines

I've been installing alarms for a few years now and have just started with a large company. I want to do some swotting up on the Nacoss Installation guidelines, can someone point me in the direction of them on the net please.

Reply to
SantaUK
Loading thread data ...

Hi Man, I have all the stuff at my place . If you can't find anything let me know and I will get it to you.

Regards

Micky. Leeds

Reply to
Micky Savage

What exactly are you after? I don't beleive any of the standards are available for free on the net. You will probably need to purchase the ones you require.

summary of key Standards & Codes of Practice a.. PD 6662:2004 scheme for the application of European Standards for intruder and hold-up alarm systems systems Standards called up by PD 6662:2004

a.. Pr EN 50131-1:2004 alarm systems - intrusion and hold-up systems - Part 1: systems requirements b.. DD CLC/TS 50131-7:2003 alarms systems - intrusion systems - Part 7: application guidelines c.. BS EN 50136-1-1: 1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 1-1: general requirements for alarm transmission systems d.. BS EN 50136-1-2:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 1-2: requirements for systems using dedicated alarm paths e.. BS EN 50136-1-3:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 1-3: requirements for systems with digital communicators using the public switched telephone network f.. BS EN 50136-1-4:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 1-4: requirements for systems with voice communicators using the public telephone network g.. PD 6662:2004 scheme for the application of European Standards for intruder and hold-up alarm systems h.. DD 243:2004 installation & configuration of intruder alarm systems designed to generate confirmed alarm conditions - Code of Practice systems Standards -NSI specific

a.. NACP 11 Supplementary Code of Practice for intruder alarms component Standards called up by PD 6662:2004

a.. BS 4737 Intruder alarm systems in buildings - Part 3: specification for components

section 3.0: general requirements section 3.1: continuous wiring section 3.2: foil on glass section 3.3: protective switches section 3.4: radiowave doppler detectors section 3.5: ultrasonic movement detectors Section 3.6: acoustic detectors Section 3.7: passive infra-red detectors Section 3.8: volumetric capacitive detectors Section 3.9: pressure mats Section 3.10: vibration detectors Section 3.11: rigid printed-circuit wiring Section 3.12: beam interruption detectors Section 3.13: capacitive proximity detectors Section 3.14: specification for eliberately operated devices Section 3.30: specification for PVC insulated cables for interconnecting wiring

a.. BS EN50131-6:1998 alarm systems - intrusion systems - Part 6: power supplies b.. BS EN50136-2-1:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 2-1 general requirements for alarm transmission systems c.. BS EN50136-2-2:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 2-2 requirements for equipment used in systems using dedicated alarms paths d.. BS EN50136-2-3:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 2-3 requirements for equipment used in systems with digital communicators using the public switched telephone network e.. BS EN50136-2-4:1998 alarm systems - alarm transmission systems and equipment - Part 2-4 requirements for equipment used in systems with voice communicators using the public switched telephone network f.. PD 6662:2004 annex A - provisions additional to prEN 50131-1 for intruder and hold-up alarm systems installed in accordance with the scheme given in PD 6662: hold-up devices g.. PD 6662:2004 annex B - provisions additional to prEN 50131-1 for intruder and hold-up alarm systems installed in accordance with the scheme given in PD 6662: control & indication equipment h.. PD 6662:2004 annex C - provisions additional to prEN 50131-1 for intruder and hold-up alarm systems installed in accordance with the scheme given in PD 6662: warning devices

management Standards

a.. BS EN ISO 9001: 2000 Quality Management Systems - requirements (NACOSS Gold only) b.. BS 7858:2004 Code of Practice for security screening personnel employed in a security environment c.. DD245:2002 management of false alarms d.. NACP 2 customer communications e.. NACP 3 management of subcontracting f.. NACP 5 management of customer complaints

Reply to
Paul Ekins

The Company that you are going to be doing the work for should have all the necessary information and it has to be available to you.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Thanks Paul

I have actually found some of the material you have listed on the net in PDF format, so I know some are out there, but at least I know how a comprehensive list.

Many thanks.

Reply to
SantaUK

I know I will be able to get the material eventually - its just having some experience and the WWW I was hoping to get "ahead" in some areas. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
SantaUK

Appreciated mate! Are we talking much?

Reply to
SantaUK

No not really, have you a fax?

Mick

Reply to
Micky Savage

Fraid not mate. I've not even got a modem I could hook up :-(

Reply to
SantaUK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.