Menvier 510 - set while in house ?

Hi there,

Having just moved house, it has a Menvier TS510 alarm installed in it.

It seems a bit on the tempermental side as an alarm.

1) When setting it as an alarm, you seem to need to get the front door open very quickly for it to think that you are leaving and it should arm itself.

2) At night, it doesn't seem possible to arm it and then go upstairs ? It seems like there's not a way to arm it without going out the exit door ?

Anyone able to suggest help with this ?

Cheers, Roy.

Reply to
rdonalds
Loading thread data ...

It's not that I want it part set, as all the sensors are downstairs and I can access the panel without setting anything off. I want to set the whole system and then go back upstairs at night, ie. not exit the house to full set.

I've got a user and installers manual and can't seem to understand if you can do this with it ???

Roy.

Reply to
rdonalds

It should have been set up for part set omitting certain zones for when you want to set while in residents. There are two part sets A & B.

To try them enter passcode and then number 7 for omit A or 9 for omit B - the zones omitted or isolated will flash!

The system is part set when the exit tones stop.

I think I have a user book around if you want it and can supply an email address.

Hope this helps

Mark

Reply to
BAR

Roy,

In this instance the installer should have therfore kept all detection devices as armed and put the part set exit time as 0 or a couple of secs as this would then effectively arm the system immediately. You would then have to remember to disarm the system in the morning as there will be no 'reminder' as you obviously dont trigger a detector coming and going to the panel.

Have you tried this to see if it works with both A & B sets??

Mark

Reply to
BAR

Mark,

It's now set up so that when it's full set, it is a timed 30 seconds before it sets. This is what I'm looking for.

I don't use any part set options, so I don't think there's anything else I should need to do.

Roy.

Reply to
rdonalds

If its not setting until the front door has been opened and closed again then it sounds like it is programmed for final door/exit set.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.