What's New?

Sheet...tell me about it. It cost me 21 bucks today to send out 3 stinking certified letters....7+ bucks each!! Cut one lady loose 2 weeks ago, shut her panel completely down (explained in cert. letter) and never a peep from her...and she lives in a 2 million dollar house and has 2 Mercedes...yada yada. Cutting another guy loose in two days for non-payment (5+ months) AND he switched to VoIP which I told him 38 times wont work with his panel.

Deadbeats...bye bye.

I KNOOOOOOOW watcha mean.!!!!!!!!!

About 5 / 6 years ago, I looked at all my accounts and determined what area I wanted to cover for service. There are some places around here that are within 20 miles but take two hours to get to and two hours to get back. I just can't charge them what it costs me to do a service charge. So, rather than continuing talking to myself as I'm sitting in traffic doing a losing service call, I set them free. About 20 accounts fell outside the ring. I called them and told them I'd be switching their accounts over to someone in there area. I simply gave the accounts to someone who lives in their areas. Then, I looked at all the laggards in paying. All those who a few times a year I had to call and negotiate whether they were going to pay me or not and/or set up a monthly payment plan, or who were continuously 3 or more months behind or those that I'd get a "you'll have to speak to my husband" who would tell me his wife pays the bills or ...... what ever their habitual problem was and I just dumped them. I sent them a certified ret receipt letter, that as of ___ days, monitoring service would be terminated. That was about 40 or so, accounts. Never got ONE call asking why. Which sorta says something, all in it self.

Now, as I go through the billing, if there's an occasional client that is late. I write a little note in red on the bill, to try and catch up with payments and .... it's done. Even with the number of accounts that I have, Accounts Rec is running smooth as silk. What a relief. No more aggravation, telephone calls, threatning letters of cancelation. Anyone who starts a bad habit gets a certified letter stating that they are habitually falling behind in payments. If it continues, they will be charged an increase in their monthly rates to cover the cost of additional billing and if it is not paid, their monitoring service will be dropped. On those, I've gotten a few irate calls about that one, but after they vent, the payments have been on time. No one cancelled. That sorta says something too.

Getting to old have to worry about whether someone is going to pay their freakin bill or not. Jeeeeze. Grow up and take responsibility for your life already! I'm not your mother.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

Ya, so what's the point? With all the personal flame throwing that has resulted because of you-know-who, I have lost respect for many of the regulars that post here. The damage has been done. Even if the head is displayed on a pike during a parade there is too much history to repair the damage done by all the infighting and side taking.

It's really no wonder why so many have left, never to return. When you've seen the underbelly of the beast, you can't look at it's face the same way. Let's face it, most here (myself included) can be real assholes. Fuck being nice. Nice died a long time ago.

Nobody will post anything of real value anymore for fear of their "tricks" and "secrets" being exploited. You're guilty of that yourself (think Pella windows), although I can't say I blame you. It's dog-eat-dog, and that's a real f****ng shame.

Many have offered to get a private dealer-only web forum started, but that idea has failed to gain any popularity. Until people start feeling safe from personal attacks.... and even worse, real world incursions; this place will remain the "cesspool" it has become, and the "gems" will be harder and harder to mine.

Reply to
Smile

Good point.

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

Proper chip puller eh? I use a paper clip :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You have been given a task Tom, stop asking stupid questions and do your job!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

years of noise cant be push away in a few days...

we need some quiet time before being able to listen a bit..

Reply to
Petem

Yah but leaning over the top of a refrigerator whilst standing sideways on a ladder in a small and very cluttered laundry room....sheeesh.

BTW...read my other post in this thread abt this job...the freekin client was a lunatic and is in process of trying to screw me.

7845GSM | > worked perfectly except for the ECP wiring being opposite what you'd | expect | > from Ademco...out from pnl actually goes to in on radio - once we realized | > that it was a snap. | >

| > oh yah...if anyone is gonna do this...I HIGHLY recommend the proper chip | > puller !! I didn't remember to bring one and had to make one out of thhn | > which ended up breaking off the corners of the mount...scarey. | | Proper chip puller eh? I use a paper clip :) | | >

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

ok you want some info on some big nice job..

here's one i will be working on today...

I installed an ip camera system lately,its parse between 9 building,and monitor parking lot..

its all hooked up with wireless link(a special product that work on 2.4 and

5.8 ghz,but not in the same modulation type as normal 802.11b-g do)

we have 5 to 9 cam by site

its all connected to 5 ND-300 from panaonic

we use the 244,1004 and 324 camera from panasonic...

it wass fun to plan for the job ,all the ip segment and configuration of the routers,so that the customer can watch all his cam in real time,now with the mpeg4 stream the can can do,its like watching an analog cam but with a much better definition...

the aiming of the antenna was fun too...the longest run between 2 building is about 1.5 kilometer..

all is ok,just one thing,incompatibility of some lens with the 244...will change them today...it will be around 32 celsius here so,its a good day to do it..working outside with the sun shining after the long night of winter will be much more fun then working beind a computer screen..

I will take some shot of the project and post them in on a web site that share photo..

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

Yeah, but he's talking about IC's, not chocolate chips. js

Reply to
alarman

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
I brive a dus

Channel lock pliers works too.

Reply to
Jim

Ummmm, Ok .....if you want to ......

Just feels good to hold a normal conversation with people who you know are regular folks, just hangin and not looking to be super critical.

And you can do that and still "protect" yourself. As far as "secrets" if I don't want to provide any information .... I don't. When I do, it's for all to see. As I'm sure you realize, It's the explotation of it, that's the problem. No one likes to be used especially if it's blatant.

Well ..... maybe Tom does. But that's because of amputation injury he got many years ago, from falling cereal boxes.

Reply to
Jim

Sounds like a great job.

Do you or does anyone know if there's a web site that gives basic information to a beginner about setting up IP addresses? Most things like this I just have an instinct for, but for some reason, I just can't seem to latch on to the process.

I'd like to see the pic's of the job.

Reply to
Jim

I had a chip puller once, lost it after a few days but there is an almost unlimited supply of paper clips

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Jim" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...

On the ip side of thing,we are on the same boat.I've learned the hard way... trial and error...

I have seen on the web some calculator for netmask and such,but not much of a whole training for it...

what you need to do is take a small book about tcp ip,dont go with the large

600 page thing...

you allready know a lot,just read the book to wrap it all up...

I took the photo,will take more in a few days,I didnt had access to the DVR and the cabinet yesterday,the acces control that is supplied by someone else was down and the door to the server room was shut down, the electro was not giving up....what a mess this job,i did offer to fix it,but its still under warranty...

Reply to
Petem

formatting link
This is a great 12 minute "movie" that will explain everything you'll need to know about the basics in a non-technical way.

After watch>> ok you want some info on some big nice job..

Reply to
Roland Moore

A bloody finger works fine too. I used it all the time back in the PROM days of alarm panels. You could never drop a PROM chip if two or three of the pins were stuck in your finger.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thanks Roland I'll give it a look later tonight.

Reply to
Jim

Try your finger on a Vista 20p chip...you'd need teensy tiny fingers!

| >> BTW...read my other post in this thread abt this job...the freekin client | >> was a lunatic and is in process of trying to screw me. | >>

| >>

| >> | > oh yah...if anyone is gonna do this...I HIGHLY recommend the proper | > chip | >> | > puller !! I didn't remember to bring one and had to make one out of | > thhn | >> | > which ended up breaking off the corners of the mount...scarey. | >> | | >> | Proper chip puller eh? I use a paper clip :) | >> | | >> | >

| >> | >

| >> | > | >

| >> | > | >

| >> | > | >

| >> | > | | >> | > | | >> | >

| >> | >

| >> | | >> | | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Never tried that one. I always had the other Ademco, or Radionics, or Napco, or Acron PROM chips harpon me.

Reply to
Roland

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.