Vista 20p Panic

Greetings; I have a Vista 20p using a 6150RF and a 6139 alpha keypad.

When I programming the function keys on the pads, I noticed that panic audiable is not working.... (default function B is # and *)

If I hit # and * together on a keypad it should also put it into panic mode and sound off. Nothing happens.

Seems like panic isnt doing anything. When I do this on the alpha pad its only says that I have a fault and to press * to see it.

Doing that it doesnt show ANYTHING. If I put the user code and off in twice it clears it (all is well again)

Any ideas on what the problem would be? This system is a stand alone box. Everthing else seems to work ok but the panic buttons.

Any other codes have to be programmed to make panic mode work?

Any and all help would be great! Thanx Tom

Reply to
BocesLib
Loading thread data ...

Humm didnt know that, i'll give it a shot and post back.

Thanx Tom

Reply to
BocesLib

Sounds like you've programmed panic to be silent. Silent panic alarms are common in commercial installations, btw.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

By default keypad panic is silent (type 6). You must change it to type 7 for zone 99 (panic zone).

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Got to teach them to read the documentation :-)

Terry

Reply to
terr

Ooooh I read lots of documentation. Just after the first 20 some odd pages of the Ademco manual, its gets a little dry. :)

I searched around a bit before I ask... Posting here is usually the last alternative I have (only because I dont feel like bothering people with what could be a simple question)

Tom

Reply to
BocesLib

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.