UL Required to get License

Mr. Bass....You might want to check the UL central station you recommend to all your DIY residential customers, the one that's on your web-sites. They're not UL listed for residential.....They only have a UUFX listing, that's not residential my friend.....CVSU is Residential Monitoring.

So are you are misleading your customers again, eh..Mr. BAss. Or, are your speaking about something you know nothing about, as usual.......

Before you run of the mouth Mr. Bass....watch out where your foot is.....

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford
Loading thread data ...

house in Connecticut. That WAS a UL listed central station, wasn't it?

I quess that is why it only reached the **modest** category. Why not be truthful Bubble Butt. You couldn't have gotten it certified even if you wanted it. Just like you can't get a license, even if you wanted it. The only way you can operate in this business is through an unregulated avenue. I ask you this just recently, with no reply, just what professional accredidations and/or affiliations do you have? The answer is none, because you can't qualify for any and we all know why! That is why you didn't answer the question and babble on about other issues. We all know you are anti-regulation. I guess a good offense is the best defense in your eyes.

But it was fun getting your

Truth and fact is a problem with you?

And you have evidence of this? Are you now saying that setting a higher standard, by being UL listed, is not up to what you were criticizing me for earlier? Where are you going here, Robert?

Ohhh...right. I missed that point. I better run right out and spend thousands and thousands of dollars so I too can be a **gimick** merchant.

If you want to install commercial fire alarm

As if you know what percentage of the market, in this country, has UL/FM certified/placarded fire alarm systems, as compared to the other choices NFPA provides. You know squat about the subject, Robert.

The same doesn't apply. Care to show us some more of your lack of knowledge on the subject.

I guess the Government doesn't recognize the need. May be you should straighten them out! Now! Write them a scathing email criticizing their actions! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!! Maybe Bush will appoint you as the "Setting a Higher Standard" committee chairperson, with your extensive background and all. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

There we go with the time lines again.

You just think so, and if that gets your rocks off for the day, so be it. I will say it again, this is nothing more than kicks and giggles for me. There isn't a whole lot that bothers me to get defensive about.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

do you mean when your ex got it in the divorce settlement,when she sent you packing. shortly after you acquired Bconnector Aroma Smell Syndrome. ooh ooh aah aah eeeeeeee. [monkey talk only those with BASS would understand]

Reply to
bAsstute

Mr. Bass....You might want to check the UL central station you recommend to all your DIY residential customers, the one that's on your web-sites. They're not UL listed for residential.....They only have a UUFX listing, that's not residential my friend.....CVSU is Residential Monitoring.

So are you are misleading your customers again, eh..Mr. BAss. Or, are your speaking about something you know nothing about, as usual.......

Before you run of the mouth Mr. Bass....watch out where your foot is.....

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Norm

Don't confuse Robert anymore. He has his hands full explaining his out of his babble on UL now that he has his mouth full of shoe.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

You need to have another look at the "NextAlarm" FAQ. They don't *have* a central station. They're an online retailer and sell both alarm systems (Ademco Lynx) and third party monitoring services. The *huge difference* between Robert's four (and counting) stores and "NextAlarm" is that they're *licensed* in CA.

I do wonder why Robert insists on putting the Alarm Central logo next to the link to "NextAlarm", though... It must be his "reading problem"...

And that "Winfixer" pop-up has come around again... Tsk!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Norm, I'm afraid you don't understand how these UL listings work.

A UUFX central station listing is perfectly all right for monitoring residential systems. First of all, there are only a handful of certificated residential alarm systems in the country. Second, the listing guide will tell you that any UL 827 central station can monitor residential systems. Third, UL could care less about the central station unless a UL certificate is involved, or the central station is paying for a UL listing.

It would be pretty silly of UL to say that a central station is okay to monitor commercial fire alarms, but not okay to monitor somebody's house. UL is strange sometimes, but not that silly.

For commercial fire alarm systems, UL listing of the central station is indeed an issue. NFPA requires central stations to meet UL 827 if they are going to provide central station fire alarm service. And it's up to the AHJ to approve a central station that is providing remote supervising station service, which pretty much means the central station needs to meet UL 827.

So, the UUFX listing is the one to have. There's no need to have the CVSU listing as well.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.