suggest certifications / academics

Hi ,

I am new to this industry would you Please suggest some sort of certifications / academics for Security Intrusions -Alarms industry.

any url , forum would be of a great help

Thanks in advance Neo_geo

Reply to
Neo_geo
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
Because it IS rocket science

Reply to
Mark Leuck

hmmm !!! thanks , something else that you can suggest.

Reply to
Neo_geo

I always thought the Sentrol Application Handbook was a pretty good guide.

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Pick a manufacturer, go to their web site, click on training.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I was gonna suggest 5 years in the field with a tech with 15+ years experience.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks people you all are great .

If you can also tell me about a formal cetification that would do across manufacturing institutions.

Reply to
Neo_geo

Nicet comes to mind but that's fire stuff.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There really isn't much in the way of formal training for alarm installers. Some folks say it shows up in the workmanship. The average installer hasn't finished high school, let alone attended college level training. There are a few places (one is in CT but the name escapes me) that offer class and lab training for aspiring alarm installers. Most get their training in the field, working for whichever local alarm company is willing to train them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Neo_geo wrote in news:22e717a2-37c6-43d4-81d6- snipped-for-privacy@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

Try here:

formatting link
They have several levels of certification. it would be a good place to start.

Reply to
motley me

And that would be equivalent to about two hours on the phone with the "you-know-who". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

And I'll bet you typed that whole thing with a "straight face" too. I've yet to meet an installer that didn't have grade twelve and some post secondary education. Your experience in CT just serves to highlight that states poor educational resources (either that, or the positive stupidity of its residents, but then... they did allow an unlicensed convicted felon to service and sell alarm equipment).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Naaa.. He had a "shit eatin' grin" I'm sure. He's trolling.

Reply to
G. Morgan

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: Nk4rj.267$x%3.264@trnddc06...

well, thats total BS

here we have multiple school that give a training of 1800 hours on all the aspect of alarm

burglar, fire, CCTV, access ,sprinkler ,asset management, electicity, electronics, logic, video distribution , central station, telephone system, and a little of home automation and structured wiring...

too bad its in Quebec and most of youy could not undertsand anything as its all in french

Reply to
Petem

That's the "Fast Trac" to success class.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Bass has condensed the entire 1800 hours and 15 years of field experience into one individual two hour telephone seminar. He sells upwards of eleven systems a day which means he's on the phone for twenty-two hours. The last three customers of the day figure his snoring is "static" or a poor connection. They spend their time "troubleshooting" their phones.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.