Strange email ad for DVR

I got this message for a 4 chan DVR only priced at $29.00

Just for grins I wrote back and got a response from a Gmail address (web interface, IP untraceable), wanting the $60 for the two units I said I wanted, plus $95 shipping via DHL.

She wanted me to pay with Western Union (big red flag).

I took my personal info out, but here is the DVR's page. She said it's a promotional offer, and future orders will require 100 units minimum.

Here is the page:

formatting link

Anyone heard of them? Sounds like a scam, it was sent to my personal address not the business address.

Reply to
James Jones
Loading thread data ...

I wrote back and got a response from a Gmail address (web interface, IP unt raceable), wanting the $60 for the two units I said I wanted, plus $95 ship ping via DHL. She wanted me to pay with Western Union (big red flag). I too k my personal info out, but here is the DVR's page. She said it's a promoti onal offer, and future orders will require 100 units minimum. Here is the p age:

formatting link
Anyone heard of them? Sounds li ke a scam, it was sent to my personal address not the business address.

It's not something that I'd do ..... whether I'd heard of them or not.They' re obviously not in the US which means you havd no recourse whatsoever shou ld things go wrong. On the other hand, it's only $160.00 so that's all you' d be risking.

But .... then again I had customer of mine have some door knocker install a CCTV system for them using this type of equipment. It lasted for a few yea rs but when things started to go wrong the installer was nowhere to be foun d and when I looked at the DVR there was no part number, no model number, n o UL tag, no FCC disclaimer ..... no installation/programing instructions . ... nada. And the unit was locked out with a code word that nobody knows. F or all anyone knows, this thing could have burst into flames and spread lea d dust for 100 feet around and there would have been nothing any one could have done about it.

Since the average level of intellegence in the US has been declining I susp ect that the Chinese have been sending us lead laden products for decades. Just as soon as they reach the forth of fifth generation of lead infused pr oducts, I figure that's when they'll attack. By that time the president and vice president will be at a level of intelligence that they'll be bickerin g about who's going to press the fail safe button first.

Oh ..... wait a minute,........... How silly of me. That's happening right now.

** Never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people **
Reply to
Jim

It's not something that I'd do ..... whether I'd heard of them or not.They're obviously not in the US which means you havd no recourse whatsoever should things go wrong. On the other hand, it's only $160.00 so that's all you'd be risking.

But .... then again I had customer of mine have some door knocker install a CCTV system for them using this type of equipment. It lasted for a few years but when things started to go wrong the installer was nowhere to be found and when I looked at the DVR there was no part number, no model number, no UL tag, no FCC disclaimer ..... no installation/programing instructions .... nada. And the unit was locked out with a code word that nobody knows. For all anyone knows, this thing could have burst into flames and spread lead dust for 100 feet around and there would have been nothing any one could have done about it.

Since the average level of intellegence in the US has been declining I suspect that the Chinese have been sending us lead laden products for decades. Just as soon as they reach the forth of fifth generation of lead infused products, I figure that's when they'll attack. By that time the president and vice president will be at a level of intelligence that they'll be bickering about who's going to press the fail safe button first.

Oh ..... wait a minute,........... How silly of me. That's happening right now.

** Never underestimate the power of a large group of stupid people **

That could be the latest reality TV show on the History or Discovery Channel..................... Maybe starting on a cable channel near you ......................... soon....................... LOL no.......... COL {Crying Out Loud}

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I would say "Lol"... but unfortunately it's the sad reality.

Reply to
James Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.