Slomins vs ADT vs Brinks vs any other home security system vendor

Will do.

Mike

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

What kind of outdated phone company do you guys have? My DSL filter is part of the phone company interface. The phone lines are pure as the driven snow.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

Its not a question of being outdated its how a particular phone company implements it, for instance here in Dallas Tx some do it like your setup and others just mail you filters

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Whoooa there, is the mean temperature in hell inversely proportional to the mean temperature on earth? Did we miss some of Nostradmaus' predictions? Is this an Alarm Guy praising the local Telco? I'd best clean out and re-provision the bomb shelter, I can see unforseen changes are about to happen and I wasn't prepared. :^)

Randy

Reply to
ti_alarms

It's a little, backwoods outfit called Verizon. :^)

There are two ways to do a DSL line. The most common method is to send DSL along with voice to every jack in the house and then stick inline filters on every phone. The better way and unfortunately the less common of the two is what you have. A filter is installed at the demarc (also called a SNI). All house phone jacks except one are connected *after* the filter. The alarm system is wired in ahead of those cables as well.

One cable which leads to the DSL modem is connected *ahead* of the filter so that DSL appears on that cable only.

Snow? What's that?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What did they do? (Not that anybody would dare close down ADT).

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Its what you try to do to newcomers and to the more naive and gullible among us.

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Actually, haven't seen much driven snow since I left Taxachusetts 20 years ago. With your being from Connecticut, you know of what I speak. Here is Tennessee, a major storm which drives all the locals into a state of panic, is anything between a dusting and a half inch.

Bob

Reply to
RobertM

Taxachusetts! :^)

After almost six years in Florida I'd almost forgotten about snow until we got ready to move a few months ago. Clearing out the garage I came across my old Rossignol skis, boots & poles. I was about to give them to Goodwill but then I remembered that my Brazilian niece and nephew had asked me to go skiing with them in Chile this coming June.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

WOW! Can ya just picture THAT?

You'd cut a straight path right through a mogul field.

Better be careful. If you fall, can you imagine the size of the avalanche you could cause?

DIT DIT DIT DAH ... DIT DIT DIT DAH ......NEWS FLASH .........

GIGANTIC SNOWBALL DEMOLISHES CHILEAN SKI LODGE! It happened at a bad time, since the lodge was filled with disappointed skiers. It seems that earlier in the day, the cable on the ski lift broke after experiencing an extremely heavy load. Survivors in the lodge reported seeing little hands and feet with ski poles and skis, and what looked like two little children, sticking out of huge snowball, as it came down the slope and passed through lodge. Villagers below the lodge, reported that immediately after the tragedy, a huge Gringo and two little children were seen skiing at a tremendous speed through town and disappeared, without a trace, in a matter of seconds.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Is it going to take that long for you to change your address too??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.