Selling for First Alert?

Spoke with a fellow at a franchise about selling systems & monitoring for them. Any words of wisdom before I go further in the process?

Thanks!

Reply to
Markman
Loading thread data ...

Mark... Contact me directly, with a real email address, I can give you lots of info and insight. Nick

Reply to
Nick Lawrence

Just one... DON'T!

Reply to
robertlbass

It's Honeywell/Ademco stuff, shouldn't be a problem at least on the hardware side

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And the reason is?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Mark Leuck" a écrit dans le message de news: XNmdnZVYiJKyxxrenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

you don't see it? he sell the stuff on his web site ,don't want too much people selling it

Reply to
petem

What's wrong with FA?

Reply to
Carl

Nothing, I have a feeling RLB doesn't like it because he doesn't sell it.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Stear clear of Jacksonville

Reply to
RunningOnEmpty

care to elaborate?

Reply to
Sammy

It's not First Alert. It's the franchise deals that are rarely as good for the dealer as they are for the franchiser. Frankly, you can usually build a stronger, more profitable alarm business on your own than you can working for one of the "dealer" organizations.

I have no problem with FA. It's just slightly modified Ademco (Honeywell) product. I make a decent living selling Ademco / Honeywell and numerous other brands online. If I could support it I'd probably offer FA as well.

is sold dealer direct so end users can only get support from a local FA dealer. If there are several in the area from which to chose that shouldn't be a problem. But if there's only one FA dealer in the area and the consumer at some point becomes disenchanted with his services it can be a pain trying to switch. At the very least, the buyer may have to purchase new controls just to get service from another firm.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.