Safe Room Door Lock

Alarman to the rescue. Thats one way to be a filter buster. Thanks for passing it along.

Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

Strength has nothing to do with it ......... if you weigh 600 pounds.

You can't even hold up your own weight so I guess that leaves YOU out of the equation.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Why don't you show us those wedding pictures again tubo. Would "JUST OVER" include up to 300 pounds???

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

The only way you could get up to 15 MPH would be rolling down hill for a block and a half, in your "to fat to walk", battery powered chair.

Keep on ..... keep on making a fool of yourself Hamburger man.

Reply to
Jim

Know this is weeks late, ( I was having some prostate repairs and was down for a while) but this sounds like a good app for Soss Hinges - totally concealed from both sides of the door, available in sizes from way small to

100lb+ per hinge. For future reference...

Rick

Reply to
ranger

Good suggestion. I think you meant "1,000+ pounds" though, no?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Most commercial wooden solid-core doors are under 200 lbs, even fire doors. I haven't seen any Soss hinges in a mag for a while, but 4" 100lb. capacity hinges used to be around $70 each. 3 of these would hold up a pretty stout door. (Using them in a fire door would void the rating, due to the large mortices to allow their installation.) You may have seen these in use in a racquetball court door, or a hinged bartop. Great for hidden doors in wainscoting over a wall safe or such. Interesting story behind their conception and design; a stubbed toe on a sea voyage! Rick

Reply to
ranger

Rick,

Hopefully, you have been here before to know that RLB will try to correct everything and everybody whether he knows about the subject or not. I am sure he will try to take credit for the installation of 1,000+

Thanks for the info, good luck on your recovery, and anymore info will add to the subject matter, as safe rooms are becoming more popular, not only for individual protection during a crime, but also for personal protection during times of bad weather, such as hurricanes and tornados.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Thanks. I don't know what kind of hinges they will use, but the are concealed I'm told. I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

| > > I don't think a door strike will work as it will be visible. | > >

| > > Any other ideas before I rough it in tomorrow? | > >

| > >

| > >

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.