Problems with Ademco V plex smokes

Any one else having problems with Ademco V Plex smokes model 5192sd last 8 jobs have had nothing but headaches with units bad out of bax or going bad within weeks of install. other products seem to work perfectly fine.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.
Loading thread data ...

I've sold a few hundred of them with no reported problems to date. BTW, one recent client bought almost 80 Honeywell wireless smokes (not V-Plex of course) for use with Vista-128FB systems. Most of our recent commercial fire jobs were FireLite or Silent Knight. For some reason fewer DIYers ask for Honeywell addressable stuff.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

there great panels but the v plex screws peole up but is so much easier installing and maintaining. i see many alarm companys not using it becuse there installers do not understand it and can not trouble shoot it.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Where do you figure they go wrong? The manuals leave somewhat to be desired but the installation itself is a cake walk.

Sort of like PC downloading I guess. According to Leuck, most dealers he knows don't program alarms using a PC. Then again, it could be that Monitronics mainly attracts a lesser breed of installers. Most of those "dealer programs" do tend to attract the lowest element for some reason.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I know many dealers who do not pc down load they still use only the FBII xl2t and thats it for all installs they refuse to grow up and get educated. the manuals on vista are not best written but if you have any kind of electrical or electronic back round it should not be a problem but that is a problem for most dealers who hire least common denominator and do not pay there people you should see the mess the fire experts did at my wifes church i would be embarrsed to sign my name to it.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.