Power Cycle

So as I am trying to visualize this?? The Photo Smoke is mounted on the ceiling of ?drywall? that on the other side is this PVC bag wrapped insulation. So the PVC bag gives off a gas a molecules that infiltrates the smoke through the wire or box penetration of the drywall ceiling sufficient enough to reflect enough infrared light in the sensing chamber to trip the detector.

WOW!!! So if you knew that it might happen and the code requires smokes to be installed you would have to fill up the penetration area with fire caulk to stop the infiltration of this nasty molecule??

Or maybe run the other way!!!! Scary!! :-(

Have a good weekend guys!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

not quite as bad as that, the smokes were mounted to oxt (round) metal boxes connected by conduit, spaced as required along the roof supports. (no sheet rock) The PVC was mounted directly to the ceiling/roofing between the roof supports.. Metal "chicken wire" was used to hold the PVC against the metal roofing... If you can imagine it, smokes detector metal box mounting clamps chicken wire pvc insulation metal roofing

Were talking 20-25 feet above concrete floor.. with an air gap of 1-2 inches at best....between sensor input screens and pvc surface... With maybe 6-9 inches gap between pvc and roofing... No forced air flow, in ceiling area... just crown venting of roof line... Only saving grace was it was open area, with 6 large drive through doors (3 on each side)..

Never had a problem during year only at summer..

;-)

RTS

Reply to
RTS

Ok, so this was more of a warehouse or industrial environment than what I was thinking a residential.

Yes, live and learn.

Don't know if I mentioned it here but I recently had a customer with a 100,000 sqft warehouse decided since the previous tenant moved out it would be a "good idea" to power wash the entire building from the top down. Fortunately no dispatch of the trucks just a LOT of troubles. Turned the system OFF for about 5 days!!

It has since been decided it was NOT a good idea!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Excelente señor Bob!!

Por cierto, obtuve F en mi clase de español II.

Yo no hablo español ¡Google es genial!

Reply to
ABLE1

Yo dise no hablo espanol. Yo comprende chance veinte o treinta palabras, pero cuando con muchos hombres todos hablando Espanol yo comprende mas. Mi gramtico es muy malo. Por favor pardon mi dialecto fronterizo. Acabas de leer casi todas las palabras que sé. Bueno, los educados de todos modos.

I speak what I call immersion Spanish. If I spend all day in Mexico I start understanding what people are saying. Unfortunately I also pick up the accent, and they think I am a native speaker and start speaking at their normal rate. Then I can't follow along. If you ask me to translate something on the fly I'm lost. I did have to use BING translate for the last two sentences above. I did take two semesters of conversational Spanish in college. It didn't really teach me anything and I was constantly getting marked down for using improper border dialect or words that are only regional in usage. For example combio is typically the proper word for change, but I would say feria which is a local/regional word for change. Tu feria es dos dollares y treinte-nueve centavos.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

LOL In high school I just got by in Spanish I. Then in my senior year three other guys and myself realized that we all had one extra credit more than was needed to graduate. We decided to blow off Spanish II. We sat in the back in the room and played cards for the class the whole year. The teacher was Mrs. Evans. Lovely lady, mid to late 20's good looking!! Every so often she would have to stop teaching and would call out to back of the room. She would say; "Ok, you unholy 4 keep it down back there." Needless to say straight F's the whole year.

The funny thing is that there was a Sadie Hawkins Day Dance. This is where everyone dressed in the Li'l Abner era costumes for the dance. The Spanish Club set up a booth to take Polaroid pictures for a fee to make money for the Club. I didn't have a date but showed up just to see what was happening. Found Mrs. Evens in the booth trying to figure out how this Polaroid Camera thing worked. I helped her get it working and then since NONE of the Spanish Club showed up to help I spent the night taking pictures and making money for the Spanish Club. Had lots of fun doing so!!

I found out later that at the next Spanish Club meeting Mrs. Evans reamed out all the members for NOT showing up at the booth to help and told them what had happened. She that said "WE" are going to have a unamious vote that Les WILL BE an Honorary Member of the Spanish Club!! Under my picture in my Class Year Book it has listed as one of my accomplishments "Honorary Member of the Spanish Club".

The ironic part is that never thinking I would ever need any Spanish in my life, after graduating I went active duty in the US Navy. Ended up stationed in San Diego across the boarder from Tijuana, Mexico. And now I have a few Hispanic customers. :-)

Now how cool is that!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.