POS integration

For that matter, it's not any of MY business; it's between the client and the police.

Reply to
Matt Ion
Loading thread data ...

Translation: You made it up.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Translation: You made it up. It never happened.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Translation: You're feeling better and the "I don't want to fight" thing you had going was boring you.

Matt's in VANCOUVER. Now, if you remain "true to form", your next step will be to accuse him of being me, make several mentions of "levitating ladders", "inverted 747's" (it was really a 737), and a "counter" (or "counter-clerk").

Reply to
Frank Olson

Nope. He didn't. And it really is none of your business. I sincerely doubt he would know the police file number. I have no idea what *you* would do with it anyway. You're not involved in any way and the incident is obviously still under investigation.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Only a fool would give a known felon information like that

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You know what? Doesn't matter if you believe me or not. If you get a call from the a pub in Burnaby, BC, asking you about a new DVR, you be sure to let me know.

Reply to
Matt Ion

That's good. I don't. Neither does anyone else

Would this be like the bar where the late MM spotted those ghosts?

How does your silly story (which you refuse to back up since you can't) have anything to do with your dissatisfied customers deciding to buy from my online store? Don't get me wrong now. I'm perfectly willing to help them select something better than what you offer.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

They're more than welcome to pipe up. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

So... what? I call them up, get you a case number... why? So you can call and harass them? "Hi, I'm calling from Bufu, Florida to ask you about a recent theft..." Yeah, I'm sure they'll be glad to discuss the incident with you. They'll tell you it's none of your business as well.

Get over it.

Reply to
Matt Ion

If it happened there would be a case number. That's public information.

Harass the cops? Are you nuts?

There's nothing to get over. It didn't happen.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well then you don't need to ask me for it.

No, the customer.

Because from what I've read here, I wouldn't put it past you.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Yeah, right. With no information as to location or date.

Bullshit! The simple truth is you made up the whole story.

That's more like what your pals, Olson and Mugford would do.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Case numbers" are *not* public information unless one of the parties involved provides it. What do you figure the cops are doing? Publishing information about ongoing investigations? Get a life, Bass.

Then why would you want the "case number"??

Actually... I'm pretty disappointed in your feeble efforts at trying to denigrate the trade you "say" you were once part of. Care to tell us again how you managed to "found" an alarm company in 1979 in CT which also happens to be the same year you were convicted of felony assault in Florida and sentenced to five years probation? Care to tell us again how you "legally" installed and serviced alarm systems without a license until 1989? And how *do* you program a Napco LCD keypad to read "Attention Burglar! Go ahead, make my day!"?

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm just imagining how the conversation goes if I actually give him the customer name and case number.

"Hello, xxxxx Pub" "Hello, this is Robert L Bass, calling from Bass Home Security in Florida. Can you confirm that this case number actually exists and that the suspects were caught?" "Huh? Who the f*ck are you and why are you asking?" "I just want to make sure that your current security provider isn't lying to me about this recent incident..." "HUH??? What the f*ck business is it of yours??"

Which is exactly what I told him: none of it is his business, and the case number is none of mine.

Of course, I suppose he could always lie and pretend to be a cop, insurance agent, or something else. That's always good for a fraud charge.

I don't suppose he'd be willing to share some of his customers' recent

*active* case numbers with the group, so we can confirm their happy status with his services...
Reply to
Matt Ion

That was obvious from the start.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Now *you're* assuming he *has* customers. I can't for the life of me imagine any online business operating without an 800 number or an email contact. At one time he had a far more comprehensive contact sheet that included his Nextel number, peer to peer voice contact ID, emails for both "sales", "service", and "technical support", fax, toll free, and local numbers. It's what you would expect from any successful business. Now-a-days, his dissatisfied customers will have to dial long distance to get an RMA number to return their goods (and they'll be lucky if someone actually answers the phone).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Bass is a nasty piece of work.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Just Looking" wrote in news:46b24211$0$4725$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Yes i did try Gilbarco. They were less than helpful.

Reply to
Tommy

Matt Ion wrote in news:rvusi.24988$fJ5.19556@pd7urf1no:

Thanks,

That is what i was looking for. I was hoping that it was something like that. but it is nice to have confirmation. Like i told Roland, Gilbarco was not very helpful.

Reply to
Tommy

So what's the status of your quest? Any luck yet?

Dunno if you tried Gilbarco's website, but they do have an area where you can sign up as a third-party developer and receive all kinds of information on the interface... might help, although they may not accept you if you're not actually a developer (they have an NDA you have to agree to as well).

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.