POS integration

How about these little samples.

This is just a couple of them. There are dozens more examples, should anyone care to see them.

===============================

Subject: Moron Hates Texas Date: 1998/01/22 Author: Robert L Bass Posting History

You'll recall the recent discussion about a moron who hates Texas and the disgusting things he's been saying about the people of the Lone Star State. In order to avoid confusing this guy with some innocent person, I am including his home phone number below.

Here's the name, address and phone number. I am not suggesting you contact him. Just be sure you know who the guy is so you don't mistake him for someone else with a similar name.

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx XXXXX Xxxxxxand xx Xxxxins, XX xxxxx-xxxx

Here is the guy's personal phone number: xxx-xxx-xxxx Blue Skies, Robert L Bass

========================================== Subject: Robert L. Bass tries to screw Dave Houston From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Group Moderator) Date: 05 Jan 2005 02:06:05 GMT

Subject: re Bass From: snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houston) Date: 7/3/2004 8:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

I'm sure this will do little good but when such an abominable lie is repeatedly spread by such an abominable liar as Bass, I think it requires a response. He knows I keep him in my killfile so I guess he figures he can take these shots with impunity.

When he posts, "Not too long ago when he was begging for help I tried to put aside our differences; privately offered to assist him and got publicly slammed for it." he is lying! Anybody who wishes can check Google for this group back in May/June of 2003 just after I got out of the hospital. You will find no post from me asking for help. You will certainly find no post from me "begging" for help. But being the bottom feeding dishonest bit of sub-human slime he is, Bass has repeated this lie several times.

I turned down offers from a few people who offered help when I said that I would probably have to move and stop posting here. I have since managed to get into the VA healthcare system which gets me my cardiac medications at $7 per prescription per month - a savings of a few hundred dollars each month. That has allowed me to stay in the apartment I've been in for the past

7-8 years.

I did ask if anyone with the appropriate skills was interested in taking over an application I wrote several years ago that gave those without the ability to speak (from brain injury, ALS, CP, stroke, etc.) a way to control their environment and use text-to-speech to "speak", even originating and answering phone calls. I offered the sourcecode for free. Bass, being the slime-ball, con-artist, hypocrite he is, sent an e-mail trying to wheedle me into giving him the sourcecode. I guess he thought he could then sell it to someone else - he certainly has demonstrated no programming skills nor even a beginners understanding of computer related security issues although he ridiculed my warnings about active scripting. (CERT and other computer security experts this week recommended abandoning IE because of severe security holes related to active scripting.) If Bass would like to settle this in an appropriate venue, I can prove eveything I've said and disprove everything he has said. Bass would be the last person on earth that I would consider to take over the sourcecode.

I _gave_ that sourcecode to someone else who did have world-class programming skills. I'm not sure if he did anything with it. I wrote it back before the government would subsidize similar software so he may have decided there was no longer a market. Or he may have been unimpressed with it.

My diagnosis was severe congestive heart failure. My cardiologist has steadily increased my dosage of the two main medications and I'm functioning nearly as well, although with decreased mobility, as before. I'm trying to finish off several DIY HA related projects in whatever time I have remaining. Many are nearing completion.

The X-10 RF input module for the Ocelot/Leopard will probably be of interest to the greatest number but I'm also working on porting Commander-X to an embedded, networkable, under $100 system.

Continued ::::::::

Subject: Re: re Bass From: snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com (Dave Houston) Date: 7/6/2004 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

When Bass sees his lies refuted, he responds with another.

There was NEVER any such page on my website.

There was a notice that due to my health I could no longer maintain the site nor respond to emails it generated.

There was a link to a page which gave a brief detail of my health problems and which offered to give the sourcecode for SpeakOUT! (the text-to- speech application program for the disabled) to any qualified person who would update it and make it available (whether for free or as a commercial app) for those who could use it. The person I really wanted to take it over was an Air Force pilot who expressed strong interest but then got transferred and found himself with little free time to devote to it.

There was no plea for assistance. There was no request that anybody provide web space for ANY purpose. The page was already hosted on donated server space that did not cost me one cent so there was no reason to request that someone maintain a site.

When the emails actually increased, I shut the web page down.

When an individual with suspect motives posted a message here that it was still available in the WayBack archives, there was another spurt of email so I had it removed from the archive. (They understand copyright law.)

The page was hosted by a company that has an international IT business. They have servers in Europe, North America and Asia. All mirrored my pages; all were archived religiously on a daily basis.

There were dozens of people who emailed me offering free server space. Most said they had made personal archives of the pages and would publish them with no work on my part. Since that defeated the purpose of shutting down the pages, I declined all such offers telling them I would edit the pages and republish them at a later date. So, there are many, many archives of the pages held by independent parties which will prove that Bass is once again resorting to slander and libel.

To those complaining about my posts, I can only say that I did not initiate this exchange but I am not going to allow anybody to slander and libel me without responding. If you do not like that, use your killfile. If you do not want to use your killfile but still wish to complain, I can only suggest you follow the advice the Vice President gave to Sen. Leahy. ALL of those complaining made my killfile long, long ago.

Bass is a thoroughly dishonest slime artist who, lacking in technical ability, resorts to personal slander and libel when someone posts technical data that he cannot refute.

His "FAQ" linked to each of my web pages (without permission) for several years. Most of his "FAQ" is composed of work done by others and used without permission.

It amazes me that nobody has turned Bass into gator kibble.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Nah,

The customer is waiting on the insurance, (he had lightning get his old DVR, and a gas pump) and the insurance is probably waiting on him. he is one of those hard to deal with customers. i gave him an installation contract and he wanted to wait for the insurance before he signed it, though he won't get any new equipment till he does.

Reply to
Tommy

Ahh, understood, all too familiar with the type.

Well, hopefully when the time comes, you'll find the information here helpful. Do let us know!

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.