On-Line Sales fromt he Commercial Side

I have several distributors that allow me to place orders on my account on-line.

ADI, DBL, Petra, Teledynamics and many others.

In a lot of ways it much handier. I can price compare several options and read the full descriptions and even figure out the mfg part numbers and cross check the mfg's website to make sure the item will fill the job.

There are some problems though. I can't negotiate prices on-line wyhen their standard price is obviously way above what I normally pay. While this is a minor inconvenience its not the big draw back.

There are actually two things that are at issue. When I order on-line they ship it from whatever branch they feel like, not the one that is closest to me. Raises shipping costs and delays delivery.

The other is they are not consistant about handling on-line orders in a timely fashion. Recently I have noticed this with both ADI and DBL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I usually walk over to dbl and stand in line for an hour.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Bob,

I work with several of thee firms but who is DBL? Call me sometime and I'll give you a contact at one of the smaller distributors I use. This one is very reliable and their prices are reasonable. I won't mention the name here because I don't want a certain individual harassing them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

dbl is not alarm related.

| > ...they are not consistant about handling on-line | > orders in a timely fashion. Recently I have noticed | > this with both ADI and DBL. | | Bob, | | I work with several of thee firms but who is DBL? Call me | sometime and I'll give you a contact at one of the smaller | distributors I use. This one is very reliable and their prices | are reasonable. I won't mention the name here because I don't | want a certain individual harassing them. | | -- | | Regards, | Robert L Bass | | Bass Burglar Alarms | The Online DIY Store |

formatting link
| | -- | | Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large | groups. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

OK, So what does DBL stand for and what do they sell?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

stands for double, they sell everything in pairs. ;)

Reply to
Chub

It's the initials for the owner David Loush, sells all sorts of home consumer electronics (wholesale only), no alarm stuff except for some cheap cameras and monitor setups (like costco does). TVs, mounting brackets, cables, some mid range a/v stuff, binoculars..all sorts of stuff but no alarm things

He started abt 20+ years ago out of a tiny office with two dalmations as his office help, now he's freekin huge.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sounds familiar. Do you remember when KingAlarm occupied in a former gas station in Nyack? :^)

I just looked them up and I realize now that I've spoken to them in the past. They've got quite a diverse lineup. Most of their lines are not appropriate to my business though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

who are you kidding here? you'd drop-ship anything, ya shameless hussy

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I wasn't in the alarm biz when I was back in NY, except for a summer job in ADI's Syosset warehouse - and never bought anything from King anyway.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I hear you, but ADI themselves bought something from King -- the whole shooting match. :^)

I started using ADI when Alan from Secres in East Windsor went to ADI. I don't remember what year that was. ADI's office was in Windsor Locks then but they moved to Cromwell some time later. The WL branch was originally the office of Arius (a spin off from Aritech).

I used KingAlarm as well for many years beginning when Phil Perlmutter from Security Warehouse went over to them. I'm not sure but I think he was among the folks who joined ADI after the buyout. By then he was management -- no longer a rep -- at King.

Was that summer job your inspiration to get into alarms?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nah I worked there just for burger & gas money. Memorizing the Lafayette radio catalog was my inspiration along with ham radio and having a penchant for blowing things up with electricity. My old nick was Flash which changed to Crash when messing with Windows 95

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There used to be a Lafayette store on Route 22 in Union, NJ. When I was a kid that was one of my favorite places to shop.

My cousin was a ham radio op. We'd get relay calls from nearby ham stations every now and then when he was living in Buenos Aires. I wanted to pursue the hobby myself but never got around to it.

Heh, heh, heh. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.