Now that Vern's gone ADI is the same as it used to be.

Wow, talk about not listening. Oh, well. Three out of my last three attempts the guys I spoke with either didn't listen to what I wanted or weren't interested in helping me get what I wanted.

HEY GUYS!!! You should look at how much money I spent with you last year and the year before, and then look at how much I have spent with you since Vern left and I quit getting good service.

Pricing sucks and service has gone back to the old days.

Get a clue.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I stopped buying from ADI 5 years ago. It turns out I get better pricing for Ademco equipment on the internet, no matter how much I buy.

ADI is suppose to be a wholesale distributor. But if you really shop around, you will find that most of ADI's pricing is close to retail on most items. It's no wonder many dealers buy direct from the manufacturers or from other distributors.

ADI also claims they don't sell their stuff on the internet. I have proof to the contrary. ADI uses several surplus dealers to sell off alot of dead and older inventory, instead of passing the savings along to the dealer. I have even seen Ademco 5800 wireless transmitters available in bulk on the internet. If you follow their stock counts closely, you can see that as the auctions of eBay sell, their instock quantities drop dramatically. One surplus dealer in New Jersey was photographed with having 2 ADI trailers loaded with alarm equipment to be sold on the internet.

And when you take a look at the eBay sellers other items, all the items are carried in the ADI catalog. When ADI no longer carried Napco, do you really think ADI sent it all back to Napco for credit? Nope. A good part of it was sold on the internet through several surplus dealers.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

That's why Mike hasn't been around. He sold all that inventory for pennies on the dollar, and it still wasn't enough to pay for the back taxes on his two duplexes. Poor guy.

Reply to
Jackcsg

I had wondered about that myself......... Thanks for the info Jim........ Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.