New smoke shuts off AC power

Check out this new smoke being developed to shut off ac when smoke is detected.

formatting link

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Hmmm Seems like it would likely already be too late by the time it sensed smoke and besides, you'd have to have one on every breaker run or ..... is there such a thing as a whole house GFI breaker?

Reply to
Jim

"Installation: Install smoke detector in a suitable location near or on ceiling. Prepare leads for connection to Host Circuit. Identify labels on leads "N" for neutral and "G" for ground. Connect leads to appropriate conductors in a suitable junction box.

Host circuit must be protected by GFCI breaker. " ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

So this thing trips the ONE GFCI its wired to? Who wires a smoke detector to a GFCI circuit?

Reply to
G. Morgan

=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF

I see it as a good use in labs and factory's etc where you need machines shut down but I agree the shunt trip breaker and or a good contactor will do the same trick I have used shunt trip breakers for computer server rooms since late 70's

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.