ESL Removable Smoke Chambers

Well, had a different one yesterday. Its pretty typical to pop the smoke chamber off an ESL smoke and find it choked with dust after a few years, but I had a smoke falsing yesterday that surprised me.

I popped the smoke chamber off, and it was pretty darned clean. I put a new chamber on it anyway just to be safe. Then as I was walking out to the truck with the old chamber in hand I saw a little spider crawl out from between the baffles.

Hmmm....

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Yep. You ever see those tiny white ones in there? They almost look like tiny balls of dust. I usually just wash the chambers and dry the out with a hair dryer. Don't have to worry much with Hochikis, you can dunk the whole head under the faucet.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Had one last week that had a few white specs. Pointed at them with my screwdriver to show the customer and connected to a spider web that had covered the inside of the chamber.

If they keep making these spiders that small that they can crawl thru the bug screen, what is the size of the bug the spider is trying to catch??? It BOGGLES the mind.

Reply to
ABLE_1

They're weird ain't they! Client wouldn't believe me that that was what was causing all the false alarms..refused to believe that it was a spider until she saw it move.

| > I popped the smoke chamber off, and it was pretty darned clean. I put a | > new chamber on it anyway just to be safe. Then as I was walking out to | > the truck with the old chamber in hand I saw a little spider crawl out | > from between the baffles. | >

| > Hmmm.... | >

| >

| > -- | > Bob La Londe | > Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River | > Fishing Forums & Contests | >

formatting link
| >

| >

| >

| > -- | > Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If I remember right, I think I remember seeing on some TV program, that newly "hatched" spiders carry an "egg sack" with them containing a food subtance that can sustain them for months until they reach a size that is more formidible. The problem is, once they grow too big, they can't get back out through the screen.

I guess these little webs are just "training webs" ...Heh heh heh heh!

Reply to
Jim

Tell her they're crabs.

(Signature deliberately left off. LOL)

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.