New DSC Docs...WTF?

Just installed one of the new DSC 1832 panels. Gone is the programming worksheets booklet, replaced by a fold-out map-like sheet with everything jumbled up and out of sequence. Time to fire up the choke-a-matic on this one.

Reply to
Buggs
Loading thread data ...

Yup it's terrible, they did come out with a more conventional manual that you can get it off their page

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Maybe they decided they could save a few cents ¢ on paper.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

And think of all that ink too. On the positive side, it's probably very helpful to all those installers who can't read.

Reply to
Jim

Thats part of it but DSC seems to have gone the way of product consolidation, the documents Jack had also had EU and spanish fields and made it damn confusing to try figuring out what the panel is capable of however if you've done an 832 it's still pretty easy with the new stuff

The other bigger problem is the keypads, the construction of the new keypads is awsome but they've gone all icon and it's hard figuring out minor things like bypassed zones, status etc

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sounds like it's designed with you in mind then :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The rep told me it was an effort to have one document for the three panels types. The panels with the latest manufacturing dates come with a programming booklet that is a bit more helpful.

Reply to
Just Looking

It would seem that way to you.

But .... I'll attempt putting it simply enough for you to understand .......

your use of general terminology and only basic vocabulary betrays your limited skills and education. It's therefore understandable that you would find it difficult to undecipher anthing and average person would say or write. Your conclusion is ..... it's them who are stupid.

Reply to
Jim

Man I hate it when you use big words like skills, average and basic but "undecipher" ?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That's ok. Don't be ashamed.

I knew it would befuddle you but I couldn't think of a smaller word.

Reply to
Jim

Maybe next time you could try a real word

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It doesn't make any difference. You don't know what they mean anyway.

Some words are in the dictionary and some are not. Nevertheless, people other than you know what they mean.

Since you are conceptually overeaching your resources, it is perceptually contraproductive to persue a relevancy-based, framework from which to derive a mutually homogenous or cognitive articulation of the coterminous areas that we might share. You continue to demonstrate as in the past, your ongoing display of obstinancy and obtuseness, which makes involvment in a nonconflictual relationship impossible. Any guidance or instructionally orientated articulation on my part, to viably increase your cognitive resources, will surely be met with your developmentally incoherent posture.

Yesterday I cudnt evan spel eggzecutav. Todae I are one.

Reply to
Jim

I don't know what the heck you guys are bitchin' about. The new worksheet is a hell of a lot better than the old manual. It's really impressive when you unfold this massive 4' square sheet of paper with all the coloured boxes on it... The customer takes one look and goes... "Wow, you must be some kinda rocket scientist to understand that thing".

Reply to
Frank Olson

And you say Naaaah Any primate can do it. All you need is 20 minutes worth of training, a modicum of tool skills and

Reply to
Jim

ROFL!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland More

Some asses need the bigger papers... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.