Mortgage Phone Spam: How to get rid of these jerks

There's a company running a mortgage scam in Florida. They have a dialer that calls every number in a given prefix in sequence several times a day, every day of the week. They completely ignore the state's "Do Not Call" list. Asking to have your number removed from their database is useless. They have been calling four and five times a day for weeks. Verizon says they can't do anything about it because the company is using another telco provider.

I got tired of them so I punched "1" when prompted and got to hear a recording promising a 1% mortgage. At the appropriate time I again punched "1" to speak to a "financial counselor" (a scam artist, actually). I told him I was, "very interested but busy right now. Can I fax you the particulars?"

The scammer said sure and gave me his fax number. Next I started Adobe Photoshop and created a new

8" x 10" image. I filled the image with a solid black background, selected the text tool and set it's color to white. I chose a 36-point Arial font, centered and wrote in the middle of the page:

REMOVE MY TELEPHONE NUMBER FROM YOUR CALLING LIST

I DON'T WANT A NEW MORTGAGE

I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE PHONE CALLS FROM YOUR COMPANY

TAKE THIS NUMBER OFF YOUR LIST (home number)

I then created a Word doc, inserted the image in the middle of the page and copied it to 100 pages. The doc was saved as a PDF file.

Then I opened my PC fax and .... Voila! No more calls. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Photo Shop to Word to PDF??? You do have a lot of time on your hands. I hate to burst your bubble Bob, but... This is simply another version of the "Attention Burglar! Go Ahead Make My Day" story. I, for one, don't believe you can fit all that on a single page (at 36 points) and maintain the spacing you indicate in your "story".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.