Need advice on leading companies for prox readers and access control

The company I work for has 1000 employees and currently wants to control 5 doors in one building with plans to expand to 7 other buildings which are connected via high speed fiber network. We want to print ID badges, and be able to export names and photos from the database. We are interested in prox readers, and possibly something based on biometrics. I contacted Kronos three weeks ago and I keep getting the runaround. We are looking for the best of the best in terms of hardware and sofwtware and cost is not a factor. I would appreciate some advice on which companies I should be contacting.

thanks NH

Reply to
Ned
Loading thread data ...

This is one area where I would not listen to what any "salesmen" have to say. I've seen some systems in the past which suddenly stop working, then employees can't get in. Not a good situation!

I would suggest contacting other companies which use these types of systems if possible and ask about their experiences with such systems.

Probably best if you could go in person to other companies located nearby (or at least in your state) which would be familiar with your company. Might have trouble just calling on the phone and getting any response. If you have trouble, might want to see if someone higher up in your company knows someone higher up in the other company, and then they could "open a channel of communication" for you.

Reply to
Bill

You'll need to consider two things: the equipment and the installation. Try to find a manufacturer who sells to more than one integrator. That way, if you are not happy with the installing company, you can find another to support your system. I'd suggest looking at Software House

formatting link
or Casi-Rusco
formatting link
for equipment. You can find out from them who is certified to install their equipment in your area. Make sure the installting company has been trained and is an authorized dealer for whatever product you choose. Kronos is really a time and attendance company who may know little about complex access systems.

If you'll post the area you're in, you may get a response from a local company able to perfrom this installation. ADT is almost everywhere and does thousands of access control jobs a year (800-ADT-ASAP). Johnson Controls and Siemens are two other major national companies who do a lot of large access control systems.

Reply to
J. Sloud

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.