N.D.A.'s

A man after my own heart.

Let the bureaucracy stew in their own bureaucracy.

Reply to
Jim Davis
Loading thread data ...

On 5/23/2018 9:57 AM, RTS wrote: > Thanks for the reply, Bob > > personally I turned down all federal government work requests, mostly because of the lengthy payment return.. > > (never did like waiting 6-9 months to get paid) and some because of the stupid designs.. > > > *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

When I invoiced by purchase order I usually got paid by the federal government in 30-45 days. (Often quicker.) When they switched to big ticket credit cards I got paid within days of presenting the invoice along with a sign off of job approval. Sometimes the same day. Somebody would just call me up with a credit card number. Now a certain airplane manufacturer who might have had something to do with the marine adversary squadron back in the early 90s didn't pay for months until I sent a letter to the Commandant of the Marine Corps informing him I would be filing a lien against his marine base if payment wasn't received very soon. The payment check arrived Fed-Ex overnight a couple days later.

I never did huge jobs for the feds. $8,000-$25,000 usually, but they were big for me. I never experienced third party caused delays either, but I did have my guy at the Army procurement office tell me if that was ever an issue I could get progressive payments for equipment delivered or portions of work completed. I think GSA told me the same, but most of my jobs for them were pretty small. Max maybe $9k. Most in the $2-4K range, and by the time they called me in everything was ready to go.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Good for you Bob,

Back in my day the 70's and early 80's payments were a little different..

But glad you were able to have a good working relationship with the government in your area..

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

Reply to
RTS

Good for you Bob,

Back in my day the 70's and early 80's payments were a little different..

But glad you were able to have a good working relationship with the government in your area..

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

***************************************** Every single job I did for the feds (whatever agency) was because somebody I knew asked me to bid it. That may have made a difference. I never got a single job just because I was on the government bid list. All that got me was harrassed by companies wanting to sell me their services to teach me how to be a government contractor. Well that and a few calls from generals who thought all specialties were stupid and not only deserve, but are asking to be screwed. LOL. Well and a few stupid calls. "I am price shopping for a part #1221431234-`12341234-1234125412-dsfgfg. Can you price match Giga-Corps quantity 10K price? I just need one."

Reply to
Bob La Londe

33 years and thousands of clients...NONE, zip, nada.
Reply to
Robo

Thanks for the feedback, Robo

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.