More VOIP headaches!

Just found out the hard way that if you have *70 programmed in the dialing string and your customer then activates a new feature "call waitng with caller ID" , the *70 not only doesn't work but will cause an error messege to be played everytime the system dials! There is no

*## to replace it with so I had to remove *70 and explain to the customer what the downside might be.
Reply to
Guardog
Loading thread data ...

Once again as technology suposedly advances we find our selves Once more going backwards got to love it.

Remember to error s human to realy foul things up requires a computer

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Who's equipment? Anyone use the Bosch black box yet? It is suppose to work with many standard panels.

BobbyD

Guardog wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

That must vary with different VoIP providers, Bob. I occasionally use

*70 when I need uninterrupted time for a tech support call. It works fine here. I'm not using Vonage any more though. Their service wasn't a good fit for us.

I've been receiving brochures from firms offering a few VoIP compatible alarm monitoring devices and services lately. After I have time to review some of the offerings I'll post some info here.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.