looking to buy a Bosch FCP-500

Unfortunately the pwoers that be in Australia dont think there is a market for this unit so I am forced to source it from overseas.

The reason for choosing it as I have a site with mold growth and this unit seems to solve the problem of being able to clean and maintain easily.

Is there a mail order way I can buy this unit?

thx

Reply to
someone
Loading thread data ...

Lot's of ways. Unfortunately, unless the unit meets the regulatory criteria that may be in effect in your area, outsourcing isn't going to help you. Mind you, there are plenty of ways to "fool" the authorities, and I've seen a number of them used, but I personally wouldn't risk it. There may be a very good reason why "the powers" won't allow it.

Reply to
Frank Olson

thx spoken to the alarm guy and apparently in some of the states you require the hard wired smokey to have it's own power (battery) and alarm as well as mains powered and back to base. That doesnt apply to my state but Bosch Australia wont import them - they would rather import one for the whole of Australia.

It isnt a case of legal issues just a case of a company not really wanting to service their clients.

The alarm is perfect for high mold area as it is so easy to clean.

Reply to
someone

We have sold very few of these units. They are very expensive compared to other units. You have to really hate the look of a regular smoke to buy this one. I never thought of the mold angle however. We are not set up for international business. Selling into Mexico is enough of a pain. How many are you looking for? If it is more than one or two it might be something to look at.

Reply to
Roland More

thx one off as we want to see how well they work

Reply to
someone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.