Looking for input

Hey all,

Anyone have any experience or using product from "ipdatatel" ipdatatel.com??

They have a IP module that re-directs signals to C/S for a fee of course. But it also allows end user to control panel remotely with PC or Smart phone.

Just looking for any input that might be available, both pro and con.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Uplink just added Uplink remote service to their current line of communicators, and I would trust their communication a little more than the cable company.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I agree.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

ewsfe05.iad...

I talked to guys representing it and it looks like solid technology the demo unit looked good for panels like FBI, etc it would be a good alternative where Total connect , etc is not workable. and you do not want to use other services.

Reply to
NickMark

I'm somewhat familiar with their product although compared to the competition it's nothing special. Anytime you deal with an IP based system your weak spot is always the customer's router and cable/DSL modem

Reply to
mleuck

You also have Telguard Interactive which is similar and unlike Uplink offers

2-way voice
Reply to
mleuck

I was mainly interested because of the cost. If I was to use the "BAT" it would be if the customer wanted "extra cheap" service. And they would be signing paperwork explaining the short falls. Otherwise I have other services that I use.

Thanks for the input.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Telguard also has air time charges last I looked. Get a runaway and it can cost you a bundle.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.