Lets try something .... again.

Good luck with the scuba diving. I could never understand a person's need to don about 100 lbs of equipment which includes an air tank pressurized to something like 1800 PSI *before* jumping into an ocean full of sharks, moray eels and stingrays, but "you only live once" (as they say). When I find a piece of flipper with your name on it in my shark fin soup, I'll be sure to mail it to your wife. :-)

By the way, I don't think shark cartilage is going to help you. I just read a study that most of that crap is so full of chemical preservatives as to render it almost as dangerous as the animal it came from. There was a recent study about vitamin "C" tablets as well. Useless in preventing colds. Aspirin... Useless at preventing heart attacks (except for those men over 65).

I'm going to live forever on a diet of veggies, steak, and sex. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Jim making peace with RLB is simply too much. It is like watching a house burn to the ground but giving off no heat. I say let Robert recover 100% and get back to his old ways as soon as possible. There is too much flame fodder waiting to be burned. I want everything from Bass spouting his left of Olbermann drivel on the one hand to hurling personal insults to any and all comers on the other. It is the only thing that makes ASA interesting and keeps newbies too afraid to post anything. If this keeps up I'll have to toss my blood pressure medicine. Micah 4:3 They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. I'll say it first. The end of the world is at hand!

Reply to
Just Looking

Ummm, In my effort to end all of this, if he's really not up to it, I'm sure what I'm doing could be described as me beating something, but I'm sure it wont be plowshares.

It's possible that he really 'does' have me blocked and hasn't got a clue about what I've been posting.

I haven't had any direct posts from him yet ......

Well, eventurally I hope we'll see that he's got the will to help bring this group back from hell.

That would really REALLY be nice .......... after all these years.

Reply to
Jim

Well ....... that's a good sign.

Now if your not blocking my posts, can we come to some agreement about how we're going to act and react in the future? I hope that you are of the mind to end all of this BS ...... and perhaps we can finally get on with what this group of well intentioned, established, handsome, brilliant group of people can really do with cooperation instead of conflict.

Ummm .... I just noticed ..... you don't fit into one of those categories but I'll let you guess which one.

Smells like bait to me.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

You might want to mix in an occasional salad.

Reply to
alarman

Well .... what would you say Mark? This shit has been going on for a long time.

Is it better to give it a try ..... or not?

Reply to
Jim

He's already responded in this thread and quoted some text you wrote. I'm sure he is fully aware of your "efforts".

Here is an idea -- since everyone besides you stopped fighting months ago, why don't you just join us? There is no need for discussion, commitments, promises, or rehashing the past.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I saw Jim's post quoted in a reply earlier. That's why I apologized to Jim. I do have him blocked but will undo that since he is now willing to stop the attacks. I am in full agreement with you on this. I hope we can all try to be decent to each other, regardless whether we agree on technical stuff, marketing approach or whatever.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

formatting link
every body virtually hold hands. ;)

Reply to
KingFish

Doug wrote: > Someone has to pick up the mantle

Copy that.

Reply to
alarman

e we can all try to

Well that seems to be good news. I'm not looking for apologies .... to give or get. No demands, promises or limitations but I'd do feel the need to post a "wish list" .... if you will. These seem to be things that spark the chain reactions.

No remarks about political issues No remarks about religious issues No agendas. Namely .... Robert constantly and overbearingly pushing his website. In return, when it's appropriate, I will refer people to his website. (at least I will and I would hope others will also, same as we do for Jim R.)

I think we've ridden the ADT thing to death also. Certainly it's appropriate to warn people coming here about the pitfalls of dealing with the "Free" alarm installing companys, but I think that just mentioning it in passing along with directing them to other sources would reduce some of the sparks.

The other sticking point that I have and I'm know others do also (since everyone else here does use term contracts .....) is Bob C's insistance that he's got to go into the nitty gritty details of his "no contract" agenda in just about every post he makes to an end user. Might I suggest that if he feels it necessary to mention his business plan to someone, that he briefly mention his thoughts on the subject and then direct ... whoever, to his website to gather all the details.

Generally speaking, if we can just keep our personal passions brief rather then obsessing on them, others can reign in their objections a lot easier. It's when someone persistantly fixates on their personal agendas that it dominates anything that anyone else may think on the matter ..... that the comments begin to escalate.

Again, I'm not looking for any agreements or promises. This is just a statement of what I think causes problems here and thought it would be good to get them out in the open. I'm thinking that probably no response to this post would be the best beginning. It's just a observation by me and if you don't agree with it. Then simply ...... don't agree with it. My point is ......

I don't expect miracles but maybe it'll work out this time if everyone tries a little harder to not do things that are known to incite turmoil. Everyone here now, is certainly experienced enough in this Group, to be wise enough to know what the limits are.

Reply to
Jim

Perhaps no response might have been OK but I'll just give my assent.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

On Nov 21, 1:07=EF=BF=BDam, Frank Olson >

No, I think you have that wrong.

They'd have to pay someone 3 million dollars to do a movie with YOU :-)

Reply to
Jim

I'm good, no stroke here .

Completely sold out, sorry. This guy bought the last one:

formatting link
Back by popular demand though, I have a new shipment of "Buck Fush" shirts arriving soon.

Reply to
G. Morgan

No, you have that wrong. You'd have to pay 3 million dollars just to get in to *see* the movie. And then you'd have to sit next to Pee-Wee Herman. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

That doesn't scare me.

You DO know the reason they call him Pee-Wee, ...... don't you?

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.