Job Tracking System Suggestions?

Does anyone here know how companies with several installation crews track their jobs? I have been using a folder for each job but I still have several flaws keeping the system running smoothly.

James B

Reply to
J Barnes
Loading thread data ...

A giant whiteboard subdivided with colored tape. Then below the board I built job folder bins, the folders stay in the bins as the job progresses, when the job is done the folder moves to the normal file system.

Also use Outlook to keep track of job appts, and up-coming job starts.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't know what size company you have but we used Service CEO

formatting link
before going to Microsoft Dynamics
formatting link
CEO works fine for small companies. Microsoft Dynamics is for the bigger companies. Service CEO is fairly easy to use and looks like Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Dynamics is a CRM that is broken down into many modules. It has a pretty steep learning curve. I haven't made it all the way up that wall yet.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thanks for the reply. We currently run 5 trucks Monday-Friday with one on call after hours. I looked at the link for Service CEO and it looks like it will do what we want. How large did you become before needing to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics?

James

Reply to
J Barnes

If you have a fairly sharp ASP or CFM programmer you can make your own web apps. without monthy fees. That said, our company uses salesforce.com for app hosting.

I don't know anything about the suggestion you were offered -- except it's from M$oft -- don't they take enough of our dough?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I don't think there was ever a real "need" to upgrade. I think it is more the size of the jobs you take on, the expectations of your IT department (and your customer's) factored against the (big) budget for purchasing the software, doing the training etc. I think there are more than 30 but less than 50 folks working at any given time here now.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Post again with how much it costs, would you please, Mr Barnes It looks like a pain in the ass to find out.

James

Reply to
mikey

That usually means it's expensive.

| >

| >> James B | >>

| >

| >

| | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you have to ask, .... :-( js

Reply to
alarman

I was quoted $2500 for 1 workstation, and 1,000 for each additional work station.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

A tad pricey but not too bad if it does what it says and you need something that big and can't write an app yourself.

| >

| > | >

| > | >> James B | > | >>

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | | > | -- | > | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
| > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You can find out more here.

formatting link
are too many options to be able to simply spit out a price.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.